Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Obama as 44th President


Today's inauguration of our 44th President, Barack Obama, was beyond inspiring. As he addressed the nation, he pointed out that, "a man whose father, less than 60 years ago, might not have been served at a local restaurant can now stand before you to take a most sacred oath."

He also added, "Today I say to you that the challenges we face are real. They are serious and they are many. They will not be met easily or in a short span of time.
But know this, America -- they will be met."


You will never forget sitting in the THMS cafeteria and watching this inauguration and I won't forget watching it with you. This is your history.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. It was inspiring, listening to Obama's speech. It was REALLY long, though, and my back started to hurt halfway through!!!


Abby Bingham <3

Anonymous said...

he messed up the swearing in part a little bit

Annica Scott said...

Thank goodness we know he's human just like we are.

Anonymous said...

Ya know, I don't think Obama said "my fellow Americans" at the beginning of the speech which I thought was some sort of tradition.

Anonymous said...

Even though the ceremony was kinda long I think that I was lucky to be able to look back on that day and say I was able to watch the inauguration of the first african-american president. and I just feel good to be a part of history.

:D Olivia C.

Anonymous said...

ya it was long, but it made history and will stay that way.

Anonymous said...

I was the one who said the thing about Obama not saying "my fellow Americans". I forgot to wright my name
ANDREW KEIR